Saturday, October 1, 2011

Thank You, Tea Time Quilting and Stitchery

Two weeks ago, a wonderful quilt and yarn shop in Breckenridge, Colorado closed the door for the last time as the four partners ended a successful eight years and entered the happy ranks of the newly retired.  Over the years, I have enjoyed stopping by there and like so many others, will miss those visits.  As the shop was closing, I was fortunate enough to get a few of the fixtures from Tea Time to use at The Quilted Purl: cubbies for yarn and a lovely antique sewing cabinet.  However, the most valuable "remnant" I have received has to be the wonderful group of quilters and knitters who have made their way from Breckenridge to Georgetown to welcome me to the world of quilt and yarn shops.  My thanks to them and to the gracious owners of Tea Time Quilting and Stitchery for sending them all my way.  My best wishes to each of you for a retirement that is everything you might hope it to be.  And for all you former "Tea Timers," know that when you come and go at The Quilted Purl, it will be to the ting-a-ling of the Tea Time Quilting and Stitchery shop bell!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blogger - and your page is very nicely done! Have you thought of carrying over the posts from your other page? Think about getting SiteMeter, too. Even the free version will be helpful in knowing how your traffic is moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have thought about both of those things, but have not figured out how to do either yet.

    ReplyDelete