Tuesday, December 18, 2012

From Georgetown, to Concord MA, to Adelaide, Australia...It's a Small World After All


Forty-five year old sweater made by my mom and a hat memory in the making


Last week I reflected on the memories created by handmade goods and the part they play in my life.  My brother, pastor at Holy Family Parish in Concord, MA and an accomplished blogger (A Concord Pastor Comments) made a link to my post.  His post went automatically to his Tweet account where it was marked as a "favorite" by a columnist with the Adelaide Now section of the  Messenger in Australia, Matthew Abraham.  Suddenly, there were people in Australia reading "Keeping Me in Stitches!"

This morning, my brother sent me an email with a link to an article in the Messenger.  Mr. Abraham has his own connection to the story of handmade goods and an inspiring one it is.  So, originating with an  email from dear Ethel in Massachusetts, at least a few people around the world are thinking about handmade memories and the people who create them.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment