Monday, August 20, 2012

Fun Freebie


3.5 inch Mug Rug

There are a few magazine and newsletters that send me emails and every so often there is a free pattern or free ebook offer.  Quilting Daily had an excellent pattern  (click on "pattern") that you may be interested in for a quick and simple gift.  It is called a "Mug Rug" and I had such a good time with it I made a dozen of them to start and sold four that afternoon.  Though the pattern calls for 3.5 inch squares, I used the remnants of a jelly roll, so mine were made with 2.5 inch squares.  Then I branched out and tried using some left over Charm Pack squares of 5 inches.  That seems to be a good size for a teapot, sugar and creamer.  Matching mug rugs would complete the set.  Finally, today I made one of the called for dimensions.  This really is a better size, I think.  None of mine have the matching mug marker.  People I drink tea with have to be responsible to keep up with their mug on their own!  Let me know what you think of the pattern. Enjoy!

2.5 inch Mug Rug
                                                                        
5 inch Charm Rug - good for teapot, sugar, creamer?
                                                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment