Saturday, March 17, 2012

And the Rest of the Day to Yourself!




Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I remember as a small child, my father teaching us that the correct response to a greeting of "Top of the morning to you," was "And the rest of the day to yourself."  Hopefully you've been wished the first today, and I wish you the second.

For me, St. Patrick's Day is always special as it is my younger son's birthday.  Happy Birthday, Michael!


May the road rise to meet you  
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.



Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Go raibh an ghaoth go brách ag do chúl
Go lonraí an ghrian go te ar d'aghaidh
Go dtite an bháisteach go mín ar do pháirceanna
Agus go mbuailimid le chéile arís,
Go gcoinní Dia i mbos A láimhe thú.




No comments:

Post a Comment