Saturday, November 5, 2011

To Market, To Market to Buy a Fat Quarter (or more like several hundred!)


Last week I went to Houston, Texas to attend my first trade show, Quilt Market, and had a  blast.  Thanks to the kind generosity and gracious hospitality of my cousin Rosemary and her husband Tom, I stayed in a beautiful home, had delicious meals, and didn't have to drive a single mile.  All that, a chance to catch up with relatives (including my sister-in-law who is opening a shop in NH this spring), and a quilting bonanza to boot!  Those of you who quilt will recognize quilting maven, Eleanor Burns, in the picture above. She is just as upbeat and personable in "real life" as she is on the screen.  What a treat to meet with so many quilting people introducing new techniques, new products, and new fabrics.  And then, like the nursery rhyme says, "Home again, home again, jiggety-jig!"

No comments:

Post a Comment